News from Around the World on Gardner Magazine
World News - Breaking international news and headlines | Sky News The latest international news from Sky, featuring top stories from around the world and breaking news, as it happens.
- North Korea 'fires two more ballistic missiles'on October 5, 2022 at 9:25 pm
North Korea has fired two short-range ballistic missiles, according to South Korea's military.
- Oil prices to rise as two million fewer barrels to be produced each dayon October 5, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Two million fewer barrels of oil are to be produced each day, equivalent to 2% of global supply, the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (Opec) and Russia have agreed.
- How MLRS and other advanced rocket systems are tipping 'battle of fires' in Ukraine's favouron October 5, 2022 at 12:48 pm
Artillery strikes are playing a crucial role in Russia's war in Ukraine in what top American commanders have called a "battle of fires".
- Twenty-five killed after wedding party bus plunges into gorgeon October 5, 2022 at 12:36 pm
At least 25 people travelling as part of a wedding party have died after a bus plunged into a gorge after leaving the road in northern India.
- MEP who cut her hair in solidarity with Iranian women hits out at 'old, tired politicians for lack of courage'on October 5, 2022 at 11:37 am
A Swedish MEP who cut off her ponytail during a speech in an act of solidarity with Iranian women has hit out at "old, tired" world leaders for "not taking a stand" in support of them.
Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines The latest news and headlines from Yahoo! News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.
- Women and girls are leading Iran protests but others are joining from across societyon October 5, 2022 at 5:44 pm
- US envoy blames Houthis for failure to extend cease-fireon October 5, 2022 at 5:30 pm
- Putin seizes Europe's largest power plant, signs laws annexing Ukraine regions despite military losses: Live updateson October 5, 2022 at 5:04 pm
- Ukraine vows to continue counteroffensive despite Russia's mobilization, annexation of territoryon October 5, 2022 at 4:42 pm
- Putin’s Dueling Foot Soldiers Are Now Apparently Killing Each Other Offon October 5, 2022 at 4:42 pm
World & Nation Nation and World articles from the Los Angeles Times.
- 'Rust' criminal probe will continue, DA says, after Alec Baldwin settles lawsuit with family of cinematographer killedby Summer Lin, Anousha Sakoui, Meg James on October 5, 2022 at 2:54 pm
Actor Alec Baldwin reaches a settlement with the family of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer killed on the set of 'Rust' in New Mexico in 2021.
- The Iranian diaspora rises upon October 5, 2022 at 12:00 pm
The killing of Mahsa Amini in Iran have set off worldwide protests by the country's large diaspora. We hear their stories.
- Two-thirds of California voters say Trump should be prosecuted if there's enough evidence, poll showsby Melanie Mason on October 5, 2022 at 11:00 am
California voters weigh in on prosecuting Trump and his influence over the Republican party. President Biden's approval ratings improve in the state.
- In the Ukraine war, a shadowy key player emerges: Russia's private army of mercenariesby Markus Ziener, Laura King on October 5, 2022 at 9:00 am
As Russia's military performance weakens, a notorious mercenary group, long part of the Ukraine fight, steps into spotlight
- Blinken calls Colombian migration center 'a remarkable model'by Tracy Wilkinson on October 5, 2022 at 12:29 am
U.S. secretary of State's trip to South America includes a stop at a center in Bogota that connects displaced Venezuelans with government services.
BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Petrol price rise warning after Opec oil output cuton October 5, 2022 at 4:50 pm
Major oil producers including Saudi Arabia will pump less, raising fears of higher petrol prices.
- Alec Baldwin reaches settlement with Halyna Hutchins family after fatal shooting on Rust film seton October 5, 2022 at 4:34 pm
Filming of Rust will resume in January, with Hutchins' husband on board as executive producer.
- Uganda's president sorry for son Muhoozi Kainerugaba's threat to invade Kenyaon October 5, 2022 at 3:57 pm
Uganda's leader embarks on a damage-control exercise after a series of bizarre tweets by his son.
- Iran protests: Schoolgirls heckle paramilitary speakeron October 5, 2022 at 3:51 pm
A video appears to show teenagers shouting "get lost, Basiji", as protests spread to the classroom.
- World Cup: Ukraine joins Spain and Portugal's bid to host 2030 tournamenton October 5, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Uefa offers "unconditional support" as Ukraine joins Spain and Portugal in their bid to host the 2030 Fifa World Cup.
New York Post Your source for breaking news, news about New York, sports, business, entertainment, opinion, real estate, culture, fashion, and more.
- Police capture 17-year-old suspected of killing two North Carolina teensby Katherine Donlevy on October 5, 2022 at 10:27 pm
The 17-year-old suspected of killing two North Carolina teens was arrested more two weeks after their bullet-riddled bodies were found discarded.
- How Putin might use a nuke — and how we should respondby Gen. Wesley Clark on October 5, 2022 at 10:26 pm
Russian President Vladimir Putin has renewed his threat of using nuclear weapons six months into his country's invasion of Ukraine.
- Aaron Boone still finalizing critical Yankees playoff decisionby Dan Martin on October 5, 2022 at 10:20 pm
Aaron Boone said he is pretty much set on what the Yankees’ ALDS starting rotation will look like, but will take the next day or so to finalize it.
- Rather than White House whining about OPEC, America needs to drill, baby, drill — but Biden refusesby Post Editorial Board on October 5, 2022 at 10:15 pm
The real answer to the energy crisis is simple: Drill, baby, drill here at home. Too bad the nation needs to get the Democrats out of power to do that.
- Legendary ‘Bat Out of Hell’ songwriter’s Conn. estate lists for $5.55Mby Hannah Frishberg on October 5, 2022 at 10:06 pm
The Ridgefield listing of the late producer, composer and lyricist also comes with all of his furnishings -- including his piano.
The Washington Times stories: News The Washington Times stories: News
- House Republicans prepare to rein in FBI, DOJ with strict oversight and new lawsby Kerry Picket on October 5, 2022 at 12:59 pm
House Republicans, appalled by FBI misconduct and politicized investigations that have been detailed by a flood of whistleblowers, are weighing a range of probes and legislative fixes for the Department of Justice.
- Democrat Max Rose, who served in Biden admin, says he won't support him in 2024by Mica Soellner on October 5, 2022 at 12:34 pm
Former Democratic Rep. Max Rose won't be supporting President Biden's reelection bid in 2024 if he decides to pursue another term in the White House.
- Taliban report mosque blast at government ministry in Kabulon October 5, 2022 at 12:15 pm
A blast struck a mosque at a government ministry building in Kabul Wednesday as workers and visitors were praying, a Taliban official said.
- Oscar winners chop off their hair for protesters in Iranon October 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
Oscar-winning actors Marion Cotillard and Juliette Binoche, as well as other French stars of screen and music, filmed themselves chopping off locks of their hair in a video posted Wednesday in support of protesters in Iran.
- Hurricane Ian closes some Florida schools indefinitelyby Cheyanne Mumphrey, Bianca Vázquez Toness on October 5, 2022 at 9:45 am
The devastation from Hurricane Ian has left schools shuttered indefinitely in parts of Florida, leaving storm-weary families anxious for word on when and how children can get back to classrooms.